Bread made spectacular with the additional maple flavouring from the use of Pure Maple Water. This recipe is adapted from Ricardo Cuisine – Crusty White Bread.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Einkorn Flour (optional you could use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 4 cups Pure Maple Water (room temperature)
- Mix everything together with a fork or wooden spoon till everything comes together smoothly.
- Cover with a towel and set aside in a warm spot. Let dough sit overnight or for a minimum of 8hrs. The dough will double in size.
- When it’s time to bake, preheat oven to 550°F with the rack in the middle position. Place a Dutch oven with its lid in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and lightly flour the bottom of the pot.
- Place the dough in the centre of the pot, cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes reduce temperature to 450°F and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- For the final 5-10 minutes remove the lid.